MGCI is a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that is committed to educate, motivate and inspire grassroot Women and Girls Child with vocational, entrepreneurial, leadership and managerial skills which empowers them with the knowledge and courage to necessary to break free from the chains of limiting belief patterns and societal/religious barriers that have traditionally kept women suppressed and unable to see their true potentials.
MGCI is a non-profit Organization incorporated in Nigeria(CAC/IT/No ) with a flair for gender equality and equity for societal development and sustainability. (Millennium Development Goals).
FOUNDING DATE 12TH OCTOBER 2008.
OUR THEMATIC AREAS OF WORK INCLUDE:
- WOMENâ€™S HUMAN RIGHTS
- PEACE BUILDING/CONFLICT RESOLUTION
- GOOD GOVERNANCE/BUDGET TRACKING.
To enhance the Status of Women in the Country to attain Equality, Development and Peace.
An Equitable Society in which the Values, Capacities and Interests of Women are integrated in the Socio-economic Planning and Development of the Country.
- To promote Gender Equity and Equality.
- To promote Women Empowerment in Nigeria to reduce poverty and enhance national development.
- To promote knowledge and capacity by continuously training the women and Girls Child.
- Protect and defend the rights of women
- Raise awareness of Human rights, abuse of these rights; determine policies which can best promote human rights.
- To improve wellbeing by increasing the last mile access to healthcare and social welfare.
- To promote quality of life of the rural women and girls child.
- To sensitize the women and girls children on some socio-cultural and religious attitudes and beliefs that keep them away from education, employment, politics, finance and decision making.
- To promote self reliance that will reduce poverty rate.
- Provide Guidance and Counseling sections for girls â€“ Primary and Secondary School Girls.
- To provide Education on Gender sensitive issues on Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS, Child Marriage, Sexual Harassment, Violence etc that are barriers to their Education
Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Resilience, Respect, Education and Empowerment, Equality and Equity.
Rural Women, Rural Girls Child, marginalized and vulnerable groups
- Outreach activities- public awareness and sensitization
- Trainings, workshop and Seminars.
- Publishing including but not limited to books, magazines, pamphlets and posters.
- Database development and management