FNW 19: ‘Writing Compelling Stories for a better world’August 3, 2019
Chevron restates position as equal opportunities employerAugust 3, 2019
Each year thousands of people around the world are killed or maimed in what starts as a peaceful protest march. While these protest can happen anywhere they are most likely to happen in areas experiencing some tension and can become violent.
Here are some tips to avoid danger during a protest march;
- Avoid public transportation, especially at the motor park.
- Secure your home and business
- Wear clothes that minimize the amount of exposed skin
- Do not wear clothing that looks like Police or Military uniform
- Bring a solution of half liquid antacid and half water or rag soaked in lemon juice.
- Take a motorcycle helmet with you for protection.
- Mark out your escape route.
- Carry a small amount of cash with you.
- Take two phones
- Remain calm as Adrenalin will drain your energy
- Walk at all times
- Get inside and stay inside
- If the building is on fire, get out
- If caught, remain neutral
- Walk close to walls, avoid bottlenecks
- If you are in a car, remain inside except the car is being attacked.
- Do not drive to the Police or protesters, they will interpret it differently and attack you.
- Use social media to monitor the developments
- Wear glasses, not contact lenses
Credit: Myke Ekpe