Our Privacy Statement
- This is the official privacy statement that applies to www.ndlink.org. PIND will hereafter be referred to as “Company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”. We take your privacy seriously and are committed to keeping our users
- Care has been taken and will continue to be taken to ensure compliance with Nigeria’s rregulatory framework, particularly the Data Protection Guidelines, the Consumer Protection Guidelines and the Guidelines for the Provision of Internet Service issued by various regulators. Regulations and guidelines may change from time to time and this will have the effect of modifying this policy
- Our privacy policies and the terms and conditions for use of this website may be reviewed or amended from time to time without notice.
- By visiting the website or entering information on the website, you have expressly granted us licence to use your personal information and data in accordance this policy and our terms and conditions.
- Our primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. Several of the services and features that we offer on our website require you to provide us with information as a condition of usage. These include access to membership-only areas, subscriptions to e-mail newsletters, use of our CV database and job search functionality and participation in message boards, blogs, and community profiles.
- We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, phone number and credit card information when you provide it to us. From time to time, we may also collect other information such as your job title, gender, username and password. We may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to the information you provided to us. We maintain reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your information and while no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure, we have used and will continue to use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the protection of your personally identifiable information.
- Our cookies may also collect information from your computer or device that identifies you and your location.
- Once you register with our website you are no longer anonymous to us.
Sharing of User Information
- We are an independent company, registered in accordance with Nigerian law. Apart from partners and our service providers, No outside company, organization or group shall be given access to specific personal user information, whether the user is a specific organization or a particular individual. Generalized and aggregated information encompassing all of our subscribers and consultants, such as how many sessions the website experiences every day, may be distributed to outside parties for purposes of marketing, sales or strategic development.
(a) Keeping count of your return visits to our or our advertisers’ or partners’ websites
(b) Accumulating and reporting aggregate, statistical information in connection with the Company
(c) Determining which features users and registered users like best and
(d) Saving your user identification or other information so you don’t have to re-enter it each time you visit the website.
Although we may track the numbers of visitors to inform us on how best to update and enhance the website experience, personally identifiable information is not extracted in this process.
- We may use session and persistent cookies. Session cookies terminate when you leave our website. Persistent cookies remain on your device or computer and you have the option of clearing cookies from the settings in your browser.
- We will make your personally identifiable information available to other companies or people when:
(a) You have elected to allow us to share that information at the time that you registered with us or provided us the information, or through a subsequent affirmative election through our website.
(b) You volunteer information or create a public profile in the course of your participation in our interactive services or post your profile in any of our directories.
(c) You use co-branded services (i.e., websites or services that we offer to you in connection with a partner, who is identified on the website). When you use a co-branded service within our network of websites, you grant us permission to pass your registration information back to that service partner. Their use of your information is subject to their applicable privacy policies.
(d) We hire third-party vendors to provide specialized services such as customer support; e-mail message deployment; suppression, merge and de-duplication services; data processing; and special products or services that you have requested. These companies are only allowed to use the information in order to help us fulfill our services to you. We do not provide your personally identifiable information to these companies for their own, permanent use.
(e) You may unsubscribe for a mailing that we send to you on behalf of a third party. We may share your removal instruction with the third party so that it may be added to that third party’s list of people to whom they may not send e-mails.
(f) When required by law, such as when we respond to subpoenas, court orders, requests by law enforcement agents, or legal process.
(h) In the event of a bankruptcy, merger, acquisition, transfer of control, joint venture or other business combination involving us, or our affiliates.
- We provide you with the option of posting your personal profile including your skills, experience, contact information, employment history, references, and CV on our website. We use our best efforts to ensure that only employers, recruiters, hiring managers, headhunters, and human resource professionals access these directories, but cannot guarantee that other parties will not, without our consent, gain access to these contents. In addition, all visitors to our website may have access to a limited version of your profile free of charge. You may remove and/or deactivate your profile from our searchable directories at any time. However, employers and recruiters who have paid for access to the directory, and other parties who have otherwise gained access to the directory, may have retained a copy of your profile in their own files or databases. We are not responsible or liable for the retention, use, or privacy of resumes in these instances, or for the use or privacy of resumes by any of such parties while profiles are in the directory.
Opt-in and Opt-out
- Users who would rather not provide any of the user data requested by our registration process do not need to register with us. You can still view certain content and use certain services offered by our website without registering. We also give users the following options.
- Opting not to receive our electronic newsletters or those of third parties when registering. Users who opt in may remove themselves from mailing lists at any time through the subscription-management pages or by following the instructions at the end of the e-mail they received from us and
- Opting not to provide certain personal information when registering for a website, provided, however, that you may not be able to use some of our services without providing us with certain information.
Updating Personal Profile Information
- We allow you to change, correct or remove from public view your personal profile at any time. To do so, simply log into your NDLink account, go to your account profile, and select the options for editing the information you have submitted.
Use of Subscriber Names for Promotional Marketing
- NDLink promotes its services, in part, by listing subscribers on the website and promotional materials. Such listing does not constitute an endorsement of any companies’ business, services or experience, and is limited to general information purposes only.
- The Company will maintain appropriate measures to ensure that users’ personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed, lost or altered within the Company’s server environment. We maintain reasonable standards of security and confidentiality. However, it is possible that third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications over an unsecured transmission. We conduct financial transactions via secured transmissions but may not always secure other parts of our website. We also limit access to the website by our own employees to those individuals who are authorized for the proper handling of such information and any employee found violating our standards of security and confidentiality will be subject to our disciplinary processes.
Duration of data retention
- Personal information and data submitted or collected will generally be kept for record purposes and also in line with Nigeria’s data retention requirements. For these reasons some data and information may be kept permanently.
International data transfers
- By the intrinsic nature of the World Wide Web and the Internet, and also under certain circumstances, your information and data may be stored or transferred outside Nigeria
- The nature of services may necessitate the use of hosting, archiving and storage of data and information at servers outside Nigeria.
- The process of accessing our website or the Internet may also necessitate the transmission and communication of data and information to other countries or through other countries.
- Information and data intended for display at our website may be accessed via search engines from around the world.
- Each country may have laws and regulations governing the transmission, storage and use of data and information which are beyond our control.
- The data controller responsible in respect of the information collected on this website is PIND.
Thank you for using our services. We’ll keep working hard to earn your business, and your loyalty.
This privacy statement was last modified on December 23, 2017 and is effective immediately.
Foundation for Partnership Initiative in the Niger Delta. Prime Plaza, 187 Adetokunbo Ademola Crescent, Wuse 2, Abuja. 09 291 0454.