Business Development Manager at PINDOctober 23, 2017
NLNG SIWES Application (January/February 2018)November 6, 2017
Foundation for Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) was established by Chevron Corporation to provide support for socio-economic development programmes in the Niger Delta. The foundation is funding programmes in partnership with other donors and implementing organizations from the public and private sector. PIND seeks to create a dynamic, multi-stakeholder partnership that takes full advantage of the synergies involving diverse organizations and interests.
The foundation is seeking qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below;
Water Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Coordinator
Job Location – Warri
The position holder will be responsible for developing, reviewing, coordinating and finalizing project plans and developing action items to ensure timely implementation of WASH projects. S/he will be responsible for building positive, respectful and fruitful relationships with partners and stakeholders, including NGOs, CBOs, and government agencies.
- Participate and contribute to the identification of new areas of WASH intervention
- Develop project plans that strategically reflects Appropriate Technology objectives
- Conduct research on effective approaches towards implementing WASH projects and share knowledge with team members and partners to help incorporate model practices into project plans
- Take a leadership role in building the WASH training programmes and develop a first-class WASH training facility
- Provide technical guidance to WASH projects i.e. Water Quality – household water treatment options (BSF, clay filters, and others); developing supply chains; training; quality testing; building small businesses to supply; research project around this – social angles, adaptability, scalability. Water safety planning – setting targets, working with government and WASH Communities in identified LGAs to build local capacity
- Ensure compliance with appropriate local and international standards
- Develop existing and /or new partnership with organizations working in WASH focus areas
- Ensure programme activities are designed and integrated with regular monitoring & evaluation assessments and reporting
- Understand the project delivery processes for WASH technologies and infrastructure, as well as the soft measures to ensure maintenance and sustainability
A degree in Environmental Management or any relevant field. A Master’s degree in the WASH field will be an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years working experience in WASH
- Experience on Appropriate Technology related projects for socio-economic development programmes
- Good communication skills, including ability to simply present complex technical information
- Project funding and proposal writing skills/experience are essential.
- Strong experience in capacity building and training of target groups, especially in community mobilization and hygiene promotion
- Ability to understand and integrate gender issues in programme implementation
- Proficient in using appropriate technology tools to develop and implement WASH programmes
- Knowledge of WASH activities in the Niger Delta region
- Sound knowledge and commitment to participatory approaches to working with communities
- Knowledge of the Nigerian WASH landscape in terms of policy, partners, networks and donor funding.
- An understanding of emerging issues and concepts around WASH and international development such as; Theory of
Change, sanitation marketing and technology innovations
Method of Application
Application and CV’s with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail should be sent to;
firstname.lastname@example.org. Female candidates and candidates from the Niger Delta region are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 31st, 2017