Capacity Building Coordinator at PIND FoundationApril 27, 2021
Planning/M&E Coordinator at PIND FoundationApril 30, 2021
LOCATION: Port-Harcourt, Nigeria
The Foundation is seeking for qualified Research Assistant, Peace Building Program. The Research Assistant will assist in integrating primary and secondary data on conflict trends and peace building within the Niger Delta region. S/he will coordinate with other information hubs including Partners for Peace for the reporting of violence and conflict incidents, acting as a clearing house for existing research and to proactively fill knowledge needs.
- Assist in data analysis of trending threats to peace, identifying areas in most need of resources.
- Assist with institutionalizing lessons learned from research within the project and the organization.
- Provide required support relevant to research, as well as partnerships and collaborative programs.
- Under the guidance of the Research Coordinator provide comprehensive technical support to program activities, including supporting work plan development, quarterly and annual reporting, indicator selection study design and monitoring.
- Assist in providing technical guidance on standard indicators to be incorporated into routine monitoring systems.
- Support data collection, analyses, publication and dissemination of findings.
- Complete other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 1-2 years’ experience in data analysis for peace building programs will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the principles of research design.
- Strong skills in statistical tools i.e. SPSS, SAS etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must think strategically: critically evaluate and clearly synthesizes information.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively interact with a diverse team of people is required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to deal with a fast paced environment with changing work priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niger Delta terrain and political complexities.
- Cross – cultural sensitivity and understanding of the political and ethical issues related to the Niger Delta
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021