Communications Coordinator at PIND FoundationApril 19, 2021
Research Assistant at PIND FoundationApril 28, 2021
Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
The Foundation is seeking for qualified Capacity Building Coordinator, Peace Building Program. The Capacity Building Coordinator will be primarily responsible for supporting the Peacebuilding Program by leading key capacity building initiatives, ensuring that conflict sensitive practices, lessons learned, and best practices are mainstreamed across the Partners for Peace Network and other identified stakeholders, and coordinating Monitoring & Evaluation collection efforts.
- Co-design and develop peacebuilding training programs for the Partners for Peace (P4P) Network and other relevant stakeholders based on assessments and analysis undertaken by the Peace Building program unit and/or when key training gaps or insights are identified.
- Work with other Peace Building program staff in the creation of work plans and the identification of opportunities for training and conflict mitigation based on assessments and analysis of planned activities.
- Refine (in Coordination with the Research Coordinator) and conduct a training of trainers on conflict early warning, assessment, management, and resolution, and other related topics for P4P Network members.
- Provide oversight, technical assistance and mentoring to key partners to become more effective in their own capacity development, enabling a more efficient delivery of conflict mitigation and peacebuilding initiatives.
- Support the implementation of the comprehensive response programming with bias on prepositioning of capacity and assets, agility and quality of delivery by using a menu of tools and follow-up activities appropriate for the States, LGAs and CSO partners.
- Consistently conduct assessments, methods, materials, and measurement across identified relevant content areas to enhance effectiveness and best practices of partners’ peacebuilding and conflict mitigation initiatives.
- Maintain lines of communication for effective Knowledge Management within PIND to promote maximum synergy across all peacebuilding programs/projects/activities and the organization as a whole.
- Support the implementation of PIND’s gender equality and social inclusion policy strategy by drawing the attention of units and officers responsible (programs and operations staff) for specific actions identified in the implementation plan.
- Complete other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least 8 years relevant experience, 5 of which should be at similar work role.
- Understanding of technical and institutional issues relating to Niger Delta.
- Knowledge and field experience with designing and implementing capacity development and peace building strategies for NGOs, CBOs, public or private sector.
- Proficient in developing audience tailored training manual within the wide range of peacebuilding, gender equality and social inclusion.
- Proven skills in training, facilitation, technical assistance, course development, coaching and mentoring along a range of capacity development content areas.
- Cross – cultural sensitivity and understanding of the political and ethical issues related to the Niger Delta.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Deadline: Friday, April 30, 2021