Partners for Peace (P4P) is a network dedicated to promoting peace in the Niger Delta. It is a platform where people with different backgrounds and perspectives come together to understand and address the root causes of conflict and build peace. The Network was launched in August 2013 in Port Harcourt and has since then grown to 9 chapters and over 8,000 members. Its membership is open to individuals and organizations with a commitment to peace and development in the region. It is an inclusive network that encourages and values proactive action, volunteerism and team spirit.
The Program Officer will analyze conflict bulletins/trackers with the objective of helping States to design their interventions. The states he/she will be primarily supporting are Abia, Akwa Ibom, and Cross River states.
He/ She will;
1. Collect/collate data on conflict incidents and analyze the data for patterns and trends
2. Formulate conflict-sensitive responses, design targeted interventions, and follow-up with affected community members for effective outcome in partnership with the state chapters
3. Verify peacebuilding interventions/activities of state chapters
4. Support M&E collection and monitoring efforts
5. Monitor and facilitate state-level resource mobilization efforts
6. Conduct attitudinal surveys across the states on a quarterly basis
7. Identify and support state-level capacity development needs
8. Facilitate the Networks strategic reviews and planning sessions
9. Provide support in the preparation and verification of State Chapter budgets
10. Provide support to the Small Grants program as needed
11. Ensure that State Chapters are encouraged through positive reinforcement and that lines of communication remain strong
12. Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
At least 3 years’ experience working in a similar field.
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Knowledge in the use of Microsoft office package including MS Word and Excel is essential.
Knowledge of data analysis using appropriate software packages will be an added advantage.
Sound knowledge of the conflict landscape in the Niger Delta region.
Self-motivated and innovative.
Ability to work well under pressure.
Good analytical and organizational skills.
Must possess excellent interpersonal relations skills, with appropriate documentation, Data Analysis, Research, and Report Writing Skills.
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 14th September 2019. Late applications will not be considered.
Download Full Document
For further information on how to apply click on the link.