Vacancy: Social Media Manager in AbujaAugust 3, 2019
Vacancy: Program Officer in Port HarcourtAugust 27, 2019
About the Organisation
The Global Fund is a public-private partnership and international financing institution dedicated to attracting and disbursing additional resources to prevent and treat HIV and AIDS, TB and malaria.
About the Role
The position holder will be responsible for supporting strategic procurement activities and order management as well as assist in the oversight and management of the beneficiaries’ procurement activities, provide guidance on procurement policies and procedures, and analyze and strengthen the entities’ capacity.
- Support the Team/Group leader in ensuring procurement procedures are effectively followed in compliance with the fund recipients Procurement Manuals and donor’s requirements
- Assist in checking and approving procurement paperwork prepared by relevant procurement staff including procedures for internal controls and systems of accountability
- Ensure all suppliers related information file is complete, kept up to date and renewed annually
- Organize quarterly local market surveys and ensure Vendor Roster and other supplier information is kept up-to-date and referenced during the procurement process
- Maintain costing data to enable budget holders to have easy access to prices for budget formulation
- Ensure procurement reports are circulated to all budget holders on a weekly basis
- Review all financial transactions of the Principal Recipients and Sub Recipients relating to the procurement of goods and services
- Ensure that payment paperwork attached to procurement files are complete, correct and have the relevant signatures before they are submitted to the finance department for payment
- Communicate to all relevant staff on orders awaiting approvals to ensure that they do not get delayed in the system
- Ensure that all comments on delays in procurement, special procurement requirements or other relevant information are updated on a daily basis.
- Improve systems and procedures for procurement as directed by the Fund Recipient Head of Procurement
- Capacity Building: identify any other recurring shortcomings at the Principal Recipient and Sub Recipients levels, and propose relevant strengthening measures regarding the reinforcement of control and verification skills stressing compliance verification with procurement procedures.
A graduate degree. A postgraduate degree is an added advantage. A postgraduate degree is an added advantage
Knowledge, skills & experience
- At least 7 years of relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of the procurement practice in Nigeria; knowledge of public procurement regulation and practice is an added advantage
- Ability to read and draft regulations and manuals
- Proven ability to develop staff and provide training on systems and procedures
- Committed team player and ability to work within a multicultural team
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft packages, including Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability to manage and prioritize a varied workload in a dynamic work environment
- Previous work experience in the health sector is an ended advantage.
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
FIND OUT HOW TO APPLY HERE