Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer
GVE Projects Limited is a leading renewable energy solutions provider company on a mission to end energy dearth in Africa through a business footprint that covers the design, sales, installation, and maintenance of solar energy solutions for residential, commercial, industrial, and rural off-grid or under-served communities across Nigeria.
Our solutions are tailored to meet the reliable electricity needs of our clients, resulting in related cost reduction, improved efficiency, and environmental sustainability for which we have been recognized by the London Stock Exchange Group as one of the fastest-growing private companies in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Do you want an amazing career and interested in joining our team of innovators today?
GVE is currently recruiting for the position below:
Position: Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer.
Work Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Reports To: Managing Director/ CEO
The Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer hold a very vital and strategic role in the company. The Position is expected to provide strategic business development, marketing, and sales support to the Company’s operations in compliance with global best practices.
S/he is expected to work closely with the executive management team in developing new opportunities aimed at increasing footprint in the sector. S/he is expected to provide leadership to the Business Development, Marketing, and Sales functions of the business, managing marketing leads, Marketing Executives, agencies, and other third parties to develop and implement a marketing and business development strategy, engaging customers and maximizing commercial growth across departments and brands.
The Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer are actively responsible for:
• Supporting the development and implementation of GVE’s strategic plans in accordance with the company’s mission and vision statements.
• Working closely with Senior Management in the overall strategy formulation and ensuring departmental strategies are aligned with the company’s goals.
• Develop and execute strategic business development, marketing, customer acquisition, and sales plans to expand our market share, customer base, sales targets, and brand visibility/influence.
• Build, train, and motivate business development, marketing, and sales teams to consistently meet & exceed targets.
• Work with the marketing and design teams in creating engaging content that will serve in the attraction and conversion of business prospects.
• Identification and gathering 0f relevant statistical information across the business, conducting analysis and report drafting of reports regarding the overall performance of activities undertaken by the business development team.
• Aggressively pursue, identify and qualify new business in an efficient manner whilst managing ongoing Referrals and other Lead Sources.
• Developing Special Presentations & Proposals for Prospects, Clients, etc.
• Client Relationship Management and research organizations to find new opportunities.
• Providing Support for Clients by learning about and satisfying their needs
• Developing a robust and visible e-channel marketing platform and coordinating Marketing Presentation & Brand Visibility
• Building Long-lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with External contacts and Internal departments to create a better customer experience.
• Tracking Deposits / Credit Growth and Reporting results fortnightly
• Undertaking and Regular review of Brand & Marketing Materials and ensure their availability.
• Clients Complaints handling and prompt Resolution.
• Identify and recommend areas of opportunities to increase and generate revenue.
The Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer must have requisite knowledge and passion for the Renewable Energy Sector. S/he should have the ability and experience needed to motivate and drive teams and colleagues to achieve both the overall company targets and key performance objectives.
Who are we looking for?
• Minimum of bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Economics or any related field (Masters’ degree is a plus).
• 10 years experience as a commercial / Marketing professional in a leadership role (Preferably in Energy, Telecommunication, Oil, and Gas Sectors but not mandatory).
• Measurable and Demonstrated success in building an effective business development and marketing strategy within an organization.
• Proven track record of developing and executing commercial strategies for an established brand.
• The candidate must demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, business acumen, professional presence, and comprehensive understanding of marketing and sales strategies.
• Outstanding analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
• In-depth understanding of marketing principles, changing market dynamics, brand, product, and service management.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
What we offer:
• A competitive executive remuneration, performance bonus, and career development opportunities.
• Full benefits package that includes medical insurance, paid vacation, etc.
• Amazing work-life balance.
• Being a member of a dynamic team of professionals who are driving global revolutionary change.