The Policy Center for the New South has currently announced the application for The Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program for young leaders to engage them in policy making and shaping narrative from the Atlantic basin and Africa.
The ADEL program is PCNS’s flagship youth program, held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference. Every year, this program brings together 40 to 50 young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa. these rising leaders have displayed leadership capabilities, and have a strong sense of commitment to social and economic issues facing their communities in particular and the world in general.
Policy Center for the New South is looking to build a stronger sense of community between PCNS and the ADELs, as well as between the ADELs themselves, and to further tap into the potential of this ever-growing community of current and future leaders across the Atlantic Basin.
The motto of PCNS’s is to increase intergenerational dialogue during the conference and beyond between leading experts, senior officials and high- potential changemakers, through its Atlantic Dialouges Emerging Leaders program.
Interested applicants must submit an online application form with the following materials by Sunday, September 15th at 11:59 pm Rabat time:
• A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (.pdf format)
• A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
• The link to a one-minute YouTube video* addressing the following:
o Introduce yourself
o Why are you applying to the program?
o Do you consider yourself a leader and why?
Opinion: The danger of an African passport
PIND Service Providers model features on 92.3 Nigeria Info FM, Port Harcourt
Request for Proposal: Peacebuilding Projects in Specific Niger Delta States
* You can upload a video to YouTube that will only be visible by recipients of the link (unlisted option).
* All documents submitted must be written in English.
* Please make sure you start your application early as PCNS will not be responsible for technical issues that prevent you from submitting your application on time.
* Kindly note that no applications will be accepted after the deadline. There will be no exceptions made.
* Only complete applications will be accepted.
A selection committee will review the applications and will respond 1-month post-deadline. Please note that selection will be conducted on a competitive basis.
The candidates will be scored according to the following selection criteria:
• Professional achievement and professional growth
• Leadership potential and demonstrated leadership in the community and/or profession
• Interest in issues affecting Wider Atlantic Relations
• Commitment to global, Atlantic and/or local engagement
• Ability to contribute to the Atlantic Dialogues and Emerging Leaders network
• Ability to clearly express ideas (assessed through the personal statement and 1-minute youtube video)
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2JMDckp