Chevron unveils Discovery Learning Alliance (DLA)June 4, 2018
About ExxonMobil’s N13 billion investment in Akwa IbomJune 7, 2018
The Petroleum Host and Impacted Communities Development Bill 2018 presents an important opportunity to help the most affected communities in the Niger Delta experience much needed socio-economic development. With some amendments, e.g.:
- Allowing institutionalized Foundations and long-term Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) construction projects continue;
- Streamlining government resources towards continuing the financing of regional NGOs;
- Mandating indigenous representation on the trust’s Board of Trustees;
- Dedicating funds for technical assistance and capacity building of the Trusts that are to be created; and
- Promoting new blood on Community Advisory Committees through tenure.
With these changes, the Bill will be better tailored to facilitate the desired advancement within the region.
ALSO DOWNLOAD: Petroleum Host and Impacted Communities Bill
Oxfam Report: an economy for the 99%
Concept Note: Ibom Deep Sea port and Industrial City project
Social Media & Conflict in Nigeria: a lexicon of hate speech terms
Download the report below to see more recommendations