The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited
Operator of the NNPC/Shell/TEPNG/Agip Joint Venture
Tender Opportunity: Upgrade of Distributed Control Systems (DCS) & Safety Integrated System (SIS) at Bonny Oil & Gas Terminal
Tender Ref: NG01018261
NipeX Number: 0200337
Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited hereby invites reputable and competent Nigerian Companies and alliances with the requisite expertise, expedience, skilled manpower and technology to apply to be considered for inclusion in the bidders list for subject tender. The contract that will result from this tender will cover: Upgrade of Distributed Control Systems (DCS) & Safety Integrated System (SIS) at Bonny Oil & Gas Terminal
(2.0) Scope of Work
This contract is required for:
- Field surveys to assess instated software and hardware.
- Database conversion from CS3000 to Centum VP
- Rev-up of graphics
Provision of Materials/Construction/Installation
- Provision and installation of Human Interface Stations
- Provision and installation of Engineering Workstations
- Provision and installation of software packages (Tokuchu, EXAOPC, Hilscher Sycon Profibus Configurator, etc)
- Provision and installation of cabinets and cables
- Testing and commissioning of all works
- As-built documentation, Clean up/Site restoration.
NB: Other scope to be developed in scoping workshop
(3.0) Mandatory Requirements
(1) To be eligible for this exercise, interested contractors are required to be prequalified in NipeX Joint Qualification (NJQS) database category 1.10.08 Process Control and Monitoring equipment & Systems. All successful pre-qualified suppliers in this category will receive a Technical invitation to Tender (ITT).
(2) To determine if you are prequalified and view the product/service you are listed for: open www.nipexng.com and access NJOS with your log in details, click on “Continue Joint Qualification Scheme Tool” button, click “check my supplier status” and then click “Supplier Product Group”.
(3) If you are not listed in the product/service category but you are registered in DPR to do business, contact NipeX office at 30, Oyinkan Abayomi Street, Ikoyi, Lagos with your valid DPR certificate OS evidence for necessary update.
(4) To initiate the NJQS prequalification process, access www.nipexng.com to download application form, make necessary payments and contact NipeX office for further action.
(5) To be eligible all tenderers must comply with the Nigerian Content requirements in NipeX
(4.0) Nigerian Content Requirements
Vendors are to demonstrate strict compliance with the provisions of Nigerian Oil & Gas industry Content Development Act and will be expected to meet the following requirements at the Technical and Commercial tendering phase:
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian Registered Company, or Nigerian Registered Company as the contracting, entity in genuine alliance or joint venture with foreign company with details on scope and responsibilities of parties for this work. Such companies must show evidence of joint venture binding agreement duly signed by the CEO of both companies including evidence or plans of physical operational presence and set-up in Nigeria.
- Demonstrate that the entity is a Nigerian indigenous registered company with 51% and above Nigerian Equity shareholding in the legal registered entity of tenderer in Nigeria and registered on the NCDMB NOGIC JQS in the relevant product category.
- Nigerian indigenous company executing the work scope in alliance with foreign companies and multinational should ensure that:
(a) The foreign company or multinational is duly registered in Nigeria
(b) Submit CAC forms C02 and C07 of the both companies
(c) Submit binding Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) stating the following:
(i) The Nigerian Indigenous company will be the lead of the partnership
(ii) The detailed scope of work to be performed by each party
(iii) Detailed personnel and equipment that each party will deploy to execute the work scope
(iv) The MoA will be governed by the laws of the federal Republic of Nigeria
(v) The MoA to be signed by the Managing Directors of both companies.
International or multinational company working through a Nigerian subsidiary must:
(a) Demonstrate that the Nigerian subsidiary has 51% and above Nigerian equity shareholding in the ownership structure of the legal registered entity of tenderer in Nigeria and duly registered on the NCDMB NOGIC JQS as service providers under the applicable and relevant product category and
(b) Demonstrate that a minimum of 50% of equipment to be deployed for execution of work shall be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary by providing a list of equipment for this tender and indicating those that will be owned by the Nigerian subsidiary.
- Furnish details of company ownership and shareholding structure Also submit clear photocopies of your CAC Forms C02 and C07
- Provide evidence of what percentage of your key management positions is held by Nigerians and what percentage or the total work force are Nigerians. Also, show overall percentage of work to be performed in Nigeria and those by Nigerian resources relative to total work volume.
- Provide a Nigerian Content Plan showing a detailed description of the role, work Scope, man-hours and responsibilities of all Nigerian companies and personnel that would be involved in executing the work. Also provide details of Nigerian Content focal point or manager.
- State proposed total scope of work to be conducted by Nigerian personnel (whether contracted directly or under subcontract agreements) with names and addresses including evidences of well-equipped offices and workshop; attach past experience of such patronage.
- Specific to this work, provide detailed plan for staff training and development (including all software to be used, number of personnel; name of organization providing such training and evidence of past training record) for Nigerian personnel including description of any specific programs in place for transfer of technology and skills to indigenous businesses and Nigerians over the next five (5) years
- Contractor must be willing and able to provide evidence of maximisation of made in Nigeria goods and services.
- Provide details on any other Nigerian Content initiative your company is involved in.
- Provide evidence of Nigerian Content Equipment Certificate (NCEC) from Nigerian Content Development & Monitoring Board (NCDMS) or evidence of the-Application of the certificates
- In line with Research & Development Guidelines – All operators or project promoters in the Oil and Gas industry launching service contracts or other applicable projects with completion period of 12 months and above shall provide R&D cluster approved by the Board as part of the operator’s Nigerian Content plan for the project.
(a) The Arrangement shall be in the form of an MOA and indicate how the operator will deploy the cluster for any R&D requirements during the contract period and the first 5 years of the service life of the field, facility or plant.
(b) All service companies are required to sign a MoA with the relevant research clusters. The MoA shall indicate how the service company intends to use the relevant research clusters during project execution to the satisfaction of the Board. Researchers that meet the technical requirements of the Board shall be notified on the Research Cluster they belong to; and they will be required to upload research proposals relevant to their cluster unto the NOGIC JQS portal (http://www.nogicjqs.com) on request.
- All tenderer to submit Human Capital Development (NCD) training in line with the NCDMB HCD Guideline 201
- Provide evidence of registration with Nigerian Banks, Insurance Companies and Legal System in Nigeria and show evidence of operation for the past 5 years.
- Provide detailed description of the location and evidence of ownership (certificate of ownership, lease agreement, layout drawings and photographs) of in-country committed facilities & infrastructure (assets, equipment, technical office, and administrative space, storage, workshop, assembly area, repair & maintenance, testing, laboratory, etc) in Nigeria to support this contract or submit a credible and verifiable plan towards setting-up or leasing such facilities.
(5.0) Closing Date
Only tenderers who are registered with NJQS in the 1.10.08 category as at 17th September, 2015 being the advert close date shall be invited to submit Technical Bids.
(6.0) Additional Information
- To be eligible for this exercise, interested contractors are required to be registered in the relevant category with NCDMB NOGICD Joint Qualification System.
- Interested contractors must produced verifiable evidence of relationship for technical, commercial, after sales and services support with Yokogawa Europe Solutions B.V.
- Suppliers eligible for this tender opportunity are expected to be prequalified in NJQS under the relevant product/service categories.
- All costs incurred in preparing and processing NJQS prequalification shall be to the contractor’s accounts.
- This advertisement shall neither be construed as any form of commitment on the part of Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited to award any contract to any company and or associated companies, sub-contractors or agents, nor shall it entitle prequalified companies to make any claims whatsoever, and/or seek any indemnity from Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited and or any of its partners by virtue of such companies having been prequalified in NJQS.
- The tendering process shall be the NINPC contracting process requiring pre-qualified companies to submit technical tenders first. Following a technical review, only technically and financially qualified contractors will be requested to submit commercial tenders.
- NNPC/Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited reserves the right to reject any and or all pre-qualified suppliers at its sole discretion and at no cost whatsoever.
- Shell Petroleum Development Company Limited will communicate only with authorized officers of the pre-qualifying companies and not through individuals or Agents.
- Expected Contract Award Date: 2016.
Contract Duration: 2 years + 1 year extension option