The Foundation for Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) is a non-profit organisation established by Chevron Corporation to provide support for socio-economic development programmes in the Niger Delta. The Foundation is funding programmes in partnership with other donors and implementing organisations from the public and private sector. PIND seeks to create a dynamic, multi-stakeholder partnership that takes full advantage of the synergies involving diverse organisations and interests.
The Foundation is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the vacant position below;
Job Location – Abuja
The position holder will ensure well-articulated, target focused and cost effective communication dissemination as relates to the achievement of the strategic goal of the foundation. S/he will contribute in promoting the image of PIND and disseminating relevant information to stakeholders. The
communications officer will also be required to coordinate the activities of mass media, social media and print as regards the output of the foundation. S/he will also be required to provide overall management of PIND’s communications strategy, including, updating and maintaining the foundation’s website.
• Coordinate and act as the central communications point for media activities for the foundation.
• Manage the foundation’s website and other social network (facebook, twitter, blogs etc) to promote PIND’s strategic objectives
• Develop and implement innovative and effective communication strategies for dissemination of information
• Coordinate communication to the media, such as press conferences, media interviews and briefings
• Act as the media spokesperson in line with the foundation’s aims and objectives and agreed communication plans in order to ensure optimal media exposure and establish, develop and maintain a good relationship with the media.
• Integrate communications strategies with the initiatives of peacebuilding programmes, capacity building, economic development and advocacy.
• Responsible for the management of the documentation and publishing of all PIND’s manuals and publications.
• Coordinate and ensure that PIND’s communication outputs are published and circulated widely among stakeholders, partners, government agencies & donors.
• Any other related duties as required
A university degree in a related field.
Method of Application
Application and CV with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail should be sent to;
firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, January 22nd, 2018
Knowledge, skills & experience
• At least 6 years relevant experience, 4 of which should be in similar role
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to clearly communicate PIND’s activities and objectives to the public.
• Must demonstrate the ability to deal with a fast-paced environment with changing work priorities.
• Knowledge of communication and profile raising
• Excellent presentation skills
• Technology savvy