Partnership Initiatives in the Niger Delta (PIND) is a foundation established by Chevron Corporation to provide support for socio-economic development programmes in the Niger Delta. The foundation is funding programmes in partnership with other donors and implementing organisations from the public and private sector. PIND seeks to create a dynamic, multi-stakeholder partnership that takes full advantage of the synergies involving diverse organisations and interests.
The foundation is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below;
Business Development Manager
Job Location – Abuja
The position holder will improve the organisation’s market position and achieve financial growth. S/he defines long-term organisational business goals, builds key relationships, identifies and develops business opportunities, negotiates and closes funding/grant opportunities. S/he will be profit-oriented and will possess extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Identify and develop new business opportunities focusing on income generation from economic development services
- Research and approach private foundations & trusts, development organisations, multinationals, government agencies and other bodies to explore funding/grant opportunities
- Assist programme managers to develop business relationships with potential funding agencies, corporate partners, community organisations and other relevant stakeholders with a focus on organisational sustainability.
- Leverage the key assets and core capabilities of the Economic Development Centres in marketing and fundraising for the foundation
- Deploy knowledge of the development market place and competition, in identifying and developing the foundation’s unique selling points and differentiators.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies, road shows and other options that project compelling business value for identified services to potential clients.
- Any other duty as assigned by supervisor or management.
A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Social Sciences or any relevant field of study. A higher degree in a related field will be an advantage.
Knowledge, skills & experience
- Minimum of 10 years relevant experience
- Ability to market and sell the services of a non-profit organisation.
- Strong entrepreneurial skills
- Sound understanding of business development, including sales, marketing and project management principles
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Good networking, inter-personal and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good proposal writing skills
- Personal effectiveness and team building skills
- Excellent relationship management skills with client focus
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and capacity to make rational decisions
Method of Application
Application and CV’s with the job title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail should be sent to; firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, October 31st, 2017