Location: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
The grant consultant would assist the P4P network to seek out and apply for external grants for the network to support its activities.
• Search for external grants suitable for the network
• Assist the P4P secretariat in designing applications, proposals, and budgets for external donors
• Review and edit proposals by states for external donors
• Developing relationships and collaborating with key stakeholders.
• Displaying adherence to the organization’s mission.
• Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organization’s history and programs.
• Assisting with the execution of the development department’s strategy.
• Identifying grant funding opportunities.
• Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
• Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
• Collaborating with Executive Director and Director of Development to send funders newsletters, and to promote on-site tours.
• Collaborating with the Director of Development to compile an annual report.
• Maintaining records in hard copies and computer databases.
• Any other related duties.
A Bachelor’s degree in creative writing or a related field. A post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
Skills and Experience
• 2 – 3 years of grant writing experience
• Knowledge of the NGO/development space
• Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
• Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
• Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Strong people skills.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 17th June, 2022. Only selected candidates will be contacted for interview.